Key School Clubs & Activities
Middle and High School Student Council
The Key School Student Council is designed to help promote school spirit and leadership among students. Our Student Council members maintain a high standard of personal conduct and demonstrate leadership qualities by serving as good examples of behavior through their words and actions. The objectives of the Student Council are to provide a democratic form in which students can address school related issues, maintain open communication between students and school staff, and train students in the duties and responsibilities of good citizenship. The Key School Student Council helps plan and facilitate school-wide activities such as community give back programs, holiday food drive, school spirit rallies, school dances, and the High School Senior Prom. Through various fundraisers, the Student Council also financially supports extracurricular activities such as purchasing PE and Digital Art equipment. The Student Council also contributes funds from fundraisers to support charities such as the Ronald McDonald House.
Story Stage seeks to foster literacy, problem solving, and social communication skills in children and teens.
We do this by:
- Building our program on current thinking in cognitive neuroscience including theories from Fischer, Powers, and Vygotsky. These models guide us to design programs based on current research about how children learn best.
- Integrating theater arts with writing to build learning from a sensori-motor experience. Children see their words come to life and are intrinsically motivated to build stories.
- Focusing on narrative language skills because they are linked to both academic success and building successful social relationships.
- Guiding students to think critically and solve problems related to cause-effect relationships, pattern identification, and story sequencing.
- Creating an environment that is nurturing, safe, and confidence-building for children of all abilities.
- Participating in ongoing research on our methods so that this research is consistently guiding our practice.
Story Stage Club
High School Board Game Club
Board game club is a great opportunity for our students to work together and experience teamwork. Student will learn to plan ahead and use cognitive skills to play different games in a safe and fun environment. Students will also be able to fill different positions on a council voted on by their peers. This gives our high school students a chance to achieve council titles that they can put on their college applications and gain confidence by holding important positions for decision making and leadership.