Terms and Conditions
Last Modified: 11/5/2019
Please read these Terms carefully before accessing or using the Site because it constitutes a legally binding contract between you and Company that applies to Site. This includes the “Dispute Resolution” clause contained in these terms, which provides for binding arbitration and waivers of jury trials and class actions.
You are automatically accepting and agreeing to the most-recent version of these Terms whenever you create, register with or log into an account on or through the Site. Similarly, you are automatically accepting and agreeing to the most-recent version of these Terms whenever you visit, access, register with, subscribe to or use the Site; and your continuing visit, access, registration with, subscription to or use of any of the forgoing reaffirms your acceptance and agreement in each instance.
If you do not accept and agree to these Terms in its entirety, then you are strictly prohibited from visiting, accessing, registering with, subscribing to or using the Site.
Company may supplement, amend or otherwise modify these Terms at any time. Such modifications will be communicated to you through one or several methods as determined and selected solely by Company. Methods We commonly employ are (i) posting on this or another page of a Site; (II) emailing to the email address you provide to us. Changes to the Terms shall be deemed effective as of their stated effective or modification date. It is your responsibility to carefully review these Terms and Company’s https://kcld.org/privacy each time you visit, access, register with, subscribe to or use the Site.
This Site is offered and available to users who are eighteen (18) years of age or older, or otherwise the age of majority in their respective jurisdictions, reside in the United States or any of its territories or possessions, and who have accepted these Terms. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site. You agree to comply with all applicable laws for visiting, accessing, registering with, subscribing to and using the Site, and for purchasing and using any products or services on or through the Site, and you may only use the Sites for lawful purposes.
Certain portions of the Site may be configured for, and We may offer the Site through, certain computers, tablets, smart phones or other electronic devices (“Device(s)”); and these Terms shall apply with equal force and measure to your visit, access, registration with, subscription to and use of the Site through such Devices. You are responsible for obtaining and updating the Device, software, operating system, carrier and network access necessary to properly visit, access, register with and use the Site. We do not guarantee that the Site or any portions thereof will function on or in connection with any particular Device, software, operating system, carrier or network. If you visit, access, register with, subscribe to or use the Site through a particular Device, then you hereby acknowledge and agree that information about your use of such Site through that Device or its carrier or network (such as, by way of example only, the identity of your Device, or your Device’s carrier or network) may be communicated to Company and/or certain third-parties (such as, by way of example only, your Device’s carrier or network). All or any part of the voice, message and data fees, rates, charges and taxes of your Device’s carrier or network, or another third-party, may apply to your visit, access, registration with, subscription to and/or use of the Site. We are not responsible for, and you further accept full responsibility for, all Device carrier and network fees, rates, charges and taxes which may apply, if any.
Accessing the Site and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Site, and any service or material we provide on the Site, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Site, or the entire Site, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for both:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Site.
- Ensuring that all persons who access the Site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and comply with them.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Site or portions of it using your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
We have the right to disable any user name, password, or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time in our sole discretion for any or no reason, including if, in our opinion, you have violated any provision of these Terms.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Site and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by the Company, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
These Terms permit you to use the Site for your personal, non-commercial use only. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, or transmit any of the material on our Site, except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Site for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
- If we provide social media features https://www.facebook.com/keyschoolfortworth, https://www.instagram.com/keycenter_fortworth/, and https://twitter.com/KeySchoolFW with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Site or materials available through the Site.
If you print, copy, modify, download, or otherwise use or provide any other person with access to any part of the Site in breach of the Terms, your right to use the Site will stop immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. No right, title, or interest in or to the Site or any content on the Site is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by the Company. Any use of the Site not expressly permitted by these Terms is a breach of these Terms and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
The Company name and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on this Site are the trademarks of their respective owners.
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You agree not to use the Site:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any material that does not comply with the Content Standards set out in these Terms.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Site, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Site, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Site.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Site for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Site.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Site, or for any other purpose not expressly authorized in these Terms, without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Site.
- Attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
The Site may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Site.
All User Contributions must comply with the Content Standards set out in these Terms.
Any User Contribution you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Site, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Company, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness.
We are not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Site.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
These Terms shall continue and remain in effect until it is terminated in accordance with these Terms. We may terminate these Terms at any time, for any or no reason, and without notice to you (including, without limitation, if We believe that you have violated or acted inconsistently with any term or condition of these Terms). You may terminate these Terms at any time and for any or no reason by ceasing your use of the Site. If these Terms are terminated for any reason, then all rights granted to you under these Terms shall automatically revert back to Us, and the following shall survive in perpetuity: (a) all defined terms under these Terms; (b) all rights and privileges under these Terms which were granted to and/or accrued in favor of Company and/or its affiliates, and its and their respective officers, directors, members, managers, owners, partners, agents, employees, representatives, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, trustees, assigns, transferees, contractors, vendors or licensees as of the effective termination date of these Terms; (c) all payments which accrued as of the date of termination; (d) all disclaimers, limitations of liability and limitations of remedies; and (e) all representations, warranties, covenants, certifications, releases, indemnifications and promises made by you under these Terms.
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Take any action with respect to any User Contribution that we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion, including if we believe that such User Contribution violates the Terms, including the Content Standards, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety of users of the Site or the public, or could create liability for the Company.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Site.
- Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Site for any or no reason, including without limitation, any violation of these Terms.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Site. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we do not undertake to review material before it is posted on the Site, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
If you believe that any User Contributions violate your copyright, please see our Copyright Policy on Page 8 in this document for instructions on sending us a notice of copyright infringement. It is the policy of the Company to terminate the user accounts of repeat infringers.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Site is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Site may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the Site
We may update the content on this Site from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Site
Linking to the Site and Social Media Features
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part without our express written consent.
This Site may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on this Site.
- Send emails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on this Site.
- Cause limited portions of content on this Site to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, solely with respect to the content they are displayed with, and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Site or portions of it to be displayed on, or appear to be displayed by, any other site, for example, framing, deep linking, or in-line linking.
- Link to any part of the Site other than the homepage.
- Otherwise take any action with respect to the materials on this Site that is inconsistent with any other provision of these Terms.
The website from which you are linking, or on which you make certain content accessible, must comply in all respects with the Content Standards set out in these Terms.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to stop. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
Links from the Site
If the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information regarding the Site (“Submissions”) provided by you to us are non-confidential and shall become our sole property. We shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
You hereby waive all moral rights to any such Submissions, and you hereby warrant that any such Submissions are original with you or that you have the right to submit such Submissions. You agree there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your Submissions.
The owner of the Site is based in the State of Texas in the United States. We provide this Site for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Site or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Site may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Site from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Reporting Claims of Copyright Infringement
We take claims of copyright infringement seriously. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you believe any materials accessible on or from this Site infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access to them) from the Site by submitting written notification to our copyright agent designated below. In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA”), the written notice (the “DMCA Notice”) must include substantially the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Site, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material.
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and, if available, email address).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Our designated copyright agent to receive DMCA Notices is:
Key Center for Learning Differences
3947 East Loop 820 South
Fort Worth, TX 76119
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be effective.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Site is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
Counter Notification Procedures
If you believe that material you posted on the Site was removed or access to it was disabled by mistake or misidentification, you may file a counter notification with us (a “Counter Notice”) by submitting written notification to our copyright agent designated above. Pursuant to the DMCA, the Counter Notice must include substantially the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- An identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access disabled.
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and, if available, email address).
- A statement under penalty of perjury by you that you have a good faith belief that the material identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- A statement that you will consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or if you reside outside the United States for any judicial district in which the Site may be found) and that you will accept service from the person (or an agent of that person) who provided the Site with the complaint at issue.
Our designated agent to receive Counter Notices is:
Key Center for Learning Differences
3947 East Loop 820 South
Fort Worth, TX 76119
The DMCA allows us to restore the removed content if the party filing the original DMCA Notice does not file a court action against you within ten business days of receiving the copy of your Counter Notice.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Site was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
It is our policy in appropriate circumstances to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.
Electronic Communications, Transactions, and Signatures
You hereby expressly consent to Company and its affiliates sending you any type of electronic message (including, without limitation, advertising, telemarketing, or other commercial e-mails and text messages, informational e-mails or text messages, and electronic notices, updates, and newsletters), whether through the Site or by personal communication, e-mail, text message, automatic telephone dialing system, or artificial or prerecorded voice, online social media or any other electronic media means or forms. By giving such consent, you agree that no such communication shall violate the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, the CAN-SPAM Act, or any other applicable laws, rules or regulations. Voice, message, and data fees, rates, charges and/or taxes may apply to you, and you are responsible for payment of the same. You are not required to grant the foregoing consent as a condition for purchase or license of any other products or services We offer.
You may opt-out of receiving any electronic messages from Us as described above any time by any reasonable means, including, without limitation and by way of example, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, with a subject line of “Opt-Out of Electronic Communications.” You acknowledge that opting out of receiving any such communications may impact your receipt, the success, and/or the performance of all or any part of the Site and/or your ability to receive certain messages and/or notifications from Company or its affiliates.
Transactions, and Signatures
YOU HEREBY AGREE TO THE USE OF ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES, CONTRACTS, ORDERS, AND OTHER RECORDS, AND TO ELECTRONIC DELIVERY OF NOTICES, POLICIES, AND RECORDS OF TRANSACTIONS INITIATED OR COMPLETED BY US OR VIA THE SITE.
You hereby waive any rights or requirements under any statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances, or other laws in any jurisdiction which require an original signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records, or to payments or the granting of credits by any means other than electronic means.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Site will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY SITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE SITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, OR ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, OWNERS, PARTNERS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS, TRUSTEES, ASSIGNS, TRANSFEREES, CONTRACTORS, VENDORS AND LICENSEES, BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
The limitation of liability set out above does not apply to liability resulting from our gross negligence or willful misconduct.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
General Release of Claims
You hereby release and hold harmless Company, its affiliates, and its and their respective officers, directors, members, managers, owners, partners, agents, employees, representatives, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, trustees, assigns, transferees, contractors, vendors and licensees from and against all claims that you have or may have against them for infringement, violation of the rights of privacy or publicity, defamation, disparagement, personal injury, property damage, negligence and/or any other legal theory arising from or in connection with the Site and/or the rights and privileges granted or conveyed by you under these Terms. Further, you waive your right to, and in no event shall you seek to, enjoin Company, its affiliates, or its or their respective officers, directors, members, managers, owners, partners, agents, employees, representatives, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, trustees, assigns, transferees, contractors, vendors or licensees or any exercise of the rights or privileges granted or conveyed by you under these Terms.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Company, its affiliates, and its and their respective officers, directors, members, managers, owners, partners, agents, employees, representatives, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, trustees, assigns, transferees, contractors, vendors and licensees from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms or your use of the Site, including, but not limited to, your User Contributions, any use of the Site’s content, services, and products other than as expressly authorized in these Terms, or your use of any information obtained from the Site.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
All matters relating to the Site and these Terms, and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto (in each case, including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction).
- Arbitration Rules. The arbitration shall be conducted before a single arbitrator under the then-current American Arbitration Association Commercial Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”), as supplemented by the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Federal Rules of Evidence if and where applicable as a gap-filler. If there is any conflict between a provision of the AAA Rules, the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, the Federal Rules of Evidence, or these Terms, then the provisions of these Terms shall control and govern over the AAA Rules, the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Federal Rules of Evidence; and the AAA Rules shall control and govern over the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Federal Rules of Evidence. The construction, interpretation, and enforcement of this section is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. §§ 1 et seq.
- Arbitration Process, Location, and Procedures. The Party initiating the arbitration proceeding shall serve a written notice of arbitration on the other Party in accordance with the AAA Rules. The arbitration shall be held in Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America. The arbitration shall be conducted in the English language. The arbitrator shall be selected in accordance with the AAA Rules, unless otherwise agreed to by the parties to the arbitration. All issues or questions concerning either the scope of this arbitration clause or the arbitrability of any of the Disputes shall be referred to and finally decided by the arbitrator. The arbitrator may construe or interpret, but shall not vary or ignore, the terms and conditions of these Terms and shall be bound by applicable law.
- Arbitration Decisions and Awards. The arbitrator shall render a written final decision on the subject Dispute as soon as practicable and in any event not more than forty-five (45) days after the close of evidence and briefing. The arbitrator’s decision shall be written, shall be in accordance with applicable law, and shall be supported by written findings of fact and conclusions of law setting forth the basis for his/her decision. The arbitrator shall have no authority to award punitive, exemplary or consequential damages, unless such an award is authorized by applicable law. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award attorney fees and expenses if such an award is permitted under these Terms or applicable law. Subject to any applicable rights of appeal, the final decision of the arbitrator shall be binding and conclusive upon all of the Parties who have been served with proper written notice of the arbitration proceeding as required by this section. Judgment on any award rendered by the arbitrator may be confirmed in any state or federal court having jurisdiction thereof that is located in the State of Texas, and may be entered in and enforced by any domestic, foreign, or international court having appropriate subject matter jurisdiction. Any decision, judgment, ruling, finding, award or other determination of the arbitrator and any information disclosed in the course of any arbitration hereunder shall be kept confidential by the Parties, and any court order to enforce the decision, judgment, ruling, finding, award or other determination of the arbitrator shall be filed under seal.
- Arbitration Fees and Expenses. JAG’s administrative and filing fees, the arbitrator’s fees and expenses and all other fees and expenses charged by JAG and/or the arbitrator to administer or conduct the arbitration shall be shared equally among all parties to the arbitration; provided, however, that the prevailing party of the arbitration may recover an award of its share of such fees and expenses if such an award is permitted under these Terms or applicable law.
- Litigation; Waiver. In the event a particular Dispute is not subject to arbitration (whether by decision of an arbitrator with binding authority, or otherwise according to these Terms or applicable law), each Party hereby irrevocably submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the state courts of the State of Texas in Tarrant County, Texas, United States of America and the United States federal courts in the Northern District of Texas, Fort Worth Division, for the litigation of said Dispute, and covenant and agree that neither of the foregoing is an inconvenient venue or forum.
- Waiver of Jury Trial and Class Action. Regardless of whether a particular dispute is subject to arbitration or litigation, each Party does hereby waive his/her/its right to a trial by jury, to participate as the member of a class in any purported class action or other proceeding or to name unnamed members in any purported class action or other proceedings.
Limitation on Time to File Claims
ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR THE SITE MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES; OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
Waiver and Severability
No waiver by the Company of any term or condition set out in these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of the Company to assert a right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If any provision of these Terms is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms will continue in full force and effect.
Your Comments and Concerns
This Site is operated by Key Center for Learning Differences, 7950 John T. White, Fort Worth, TX, 76119, United States.
All notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent to the copyright agent designated in our Copyright Policy in the manner and by the means set out therein.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Site should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org